Home » Regional Qualities
- Among the most competitive electricity prices in Europe, today and in the foreseeable future.
- An electricity grid built for heavy, mission-critical industries.
- Our energy generation mix has the highest renewable profile in the world.
- Our region has a robust national fiber infrastructure with excellent connections to the main geographical regions of Europe, including Russia.
- Sweden is ranked first among the Nordics, and third in the world as a datacenter location, by the “Data Center Risk Index”. (Cushman&Wakefield)
- Since Google set up in the Nordics in 2008, the following brands have chosen the Nordics as their domicile: in Sweden Facebook in 2011, Ericsson in 2013, Digiplex in 2013, and in Finland Yandex in 2013 and Microsoft in 2013. Follow-up investments have been made in Sweden by Sungard (2013), Interxion (2013) and Telecity (2012/13).
- All our sites are located close to Mid Sweden University, with its extensive ICT education.
- Our region contains the largest clusters in IT, as well as banking, pensions and insurance, outside the metropolitan regions.
- Västernorrland is a leading industrial county with several of the crown jewels of Swedish industry in forestry, energy and mechanical engineering.
- 40 minutes from Stockholm by air.